Sunday we left Carson City (after an uneventful night in the Carson City Walmart haha). By the way, what a beautiful Walmart Supercenter! NEVER thought I would say that but I mean it was clean, empty, big and had an awesome food selection. Ok moving on...
It was snowing but light, and we had to beat the Sunday night storm and get to Redding to seek shelter in Chris and Melissa's driveway.
We discovered a cool website - the CA DOT posts which highways are closed or require chains. We decided (wisely) to avoide the 80 which had high wind advisories for campers and trailers (that's us!), and some other road which needed chains. Which worked out really well because we took the 44 through the Lassen National Forest and what a beautiful drive that was. 10-15 foot high snowbanks on the road side, endless forest and snow covered meadows.... soooooo pretty. Not a soul in sight.
And when we arrived - Chris made us steaks for dinner. YUMMMMMMY. Thanks guys! Love you!
The visit went off without a hitch - until I accidentally let Melissa's dog Tess out while running to the RV. She wouldn't let me catch her - and it took Dan and Melissa about 15 minutes to realize what happened. But that time I had caught her 25 pound butt and was walking around carrying her, hoping I was headed towards Melissa's! Just when I was feeling desperate, the headlights showed up. Dang dog!
No comments:
Post a Comment