Monday, March 14, 2011

Gearing up for the big day!

Well a few of you have asked me to blog or post updates on our tour - so I created this! While we technically left Friday, we are still in the process of going.
1) Friday night we FINALLY hit the road around 9:30pm and got about 2 houses away when the trailer hitch hit the road and dug in. We were stuck in the intersection. Got that figured out, and the brake lights stopped working on the trailer. So, unable to drive at night without lights, we spent the night 1 block away in front of Princess Del Cerro park. A nice start to the trip!
2) Spent Saturday in Lancaster where Dan dropped off some clothes and visited an old friend. The lights decided to work again, on their own. Weird.
3) Drove to Vegas on Sunday to stay at Dan's sisters house. We're going to leave the trailer here so we can tow the Escape. We'll be here a few days while Dan installs the In Motion Satellite (yes we want to be able to watch TV while we drive), fixes the water leak, hooks up the car hitch, and we organize our stuff.
Oh and a side note - Dan's sister buys special milk from Utah that is pastuerized at a lower temperature for her son who is allergic to milk. I let Levi have some last night and this morning and he didn't have a reaction! I am so excited that I can get milk for him! Maybe he'll grow now. Can't wait to get settled so I can start ordering it from Utah too. Haven't asked about the $$$ that is going to cost me yet... a little scared to know.
ok so that's it! I get a little free time now and again when Levi takes a nap. Like right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment